You were tasked with printing out a bunch of forms for an upcoming meeting until all of a sudden you hear a grinding noise come from the Xerox machine; you look at the display and it tells you there is a paper jam. After constant use this is bound to happen but there is no need to panic; here are the steps you can take to unjam your printer:
- Turn off the machine before attempting to unjam it.
- Open up the cover and paper tray to find out where exactly the jam is occurring.
- Pull the jammed paper in the direction opposite the way it was fed into the machine but do so gently.
- Check for paper fragments and take a can of compressed air to clean out loose pieces of paper.
- Check the roller for loose or broken parts.
- Again, with a can of compressed air, clean out any dust or dirt that has gotten into the machine.
- Then, replace the cover and paper tray.
- Plug the machine back and turn it on. Cancel out the paper jam warning and print out a test page or two to ensure it does not jam again.
And voila! With these steps you will have your Xerox machine working normally again.